Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day 2: A little sting taken out of tragedy

Today was a heartbreaking day, a precious 13 year old boy was taken from a family very dear to me. He was involved in an auto pedestrian accident while walking to school. My heart goes out to the family, the friends that were him, and the driver of the car. They are constantly in my prayers and will continue to be. I wish  there was something more I could do in a time like this... but this brings me to the thing I am grateful for today. I, along with the boy's family, are so extremely blessed to have to knowledge of eternal families. Even though Collin's life was cut much too short, he is now with our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I know Collin was welcomed with loving arms and was reunited with those who love him. There is no taking away from the pain, sorrow, and tragedy of this, but we have a Heavenly Father who is extremely loving and because of this He has made it possible for us to be with our families forever. Collin's family will one day be reunited and Kenny and Erin will be able to continue on raising this sweet, intelligent boy. We know that Collin's life's mission is now complete on this earth and he was needed for important work on the other side. He was very blessed to be brought into a family that was sealed in the Temple and have followed the word of the Lord. He will now be able to be a missionary and bless so many people's life for eternity. I cannot imagine living without this knowledge. A natural mother and father could not go through this extremely difficult time alone. The spirit is with them and will get them through this and continue to comfort them throughout their time here on this earth as Collin will be missed. I am so grateful that my Heavenly Father loves me enough to never take away the thing that is most important to me-my family. I continue to pray for Kenny, Erin, the kids, and so many other people that love them that they will remember and find comfort and strength in this important knowledge the gospel has given us.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you updated your blog! This entry was very inspiring and uplifting...it really almost brought me to tears! I am sorry for their loss and will also keep them in my prayers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your deepest thoughts, Al. I love you. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Aly. This post will comfort all who read it. I love you so much. Mom

    ReplyDelete