Friday, May 27, 2011

Oh the things you see in Portland...

     Since Race is gone I wanted a little get-a-way myself so time would go faster and I could focus on something else besides Race not being with me. My brother Levi and sister-in-law Christine and Ezra live in Portland and I hadn't had the chance to visit them yet, so I took the opportunity and flew up there. I had heard Portland was beautiful and Levi loves it up there so I was really excited to go. 
    Christine and Ezra meet me at the airport and then we rode the MAX train back to their place. We had to walk on a little trail to get back to the house and on the way Christine found a baggy with Meth in it... yes meth so her being the person she is picks it to make sure it doesn't get into the wrong hands and took it home and flushed it down the toilet. Yep that was my first experience of Portland. So anyway Levi got home and we headed up to some beautiful waterfalls. I loved them and to make the little trip better on the way up I got a call from Race! It was a huge surprise because they were told they weren't going to have any communication but I'm so grateful I actually got to hear his voice and have a conversation with him, it totally made my day.
Over looking the Columbia River



     After that Levi had to go back to work so me Christine and Ezra heading out to explore Portland. We had a fun time and it is seriously so beautiful up there everything is so green and there are so many trees and beautiful things! 
     On Saturday we headed to the Saturday market, I think this market along with riding public transportation is were I got a taste of the people of Portland. There is some dang good people watching in Portland, everyone is so different and EVERYTHING is accepted there. You see things in Portland you would never see in Utah or a lot of other places, it is so diverse it makes it very entertaining. If you love people watching go hang out in Portland... 
Here's a juggler with very short shorts




I wish I could have gotten a better pic of this guy but he was an angry person

     The next day we took a trip to the coast. I'm so glad I got to go. The drive there was even gorgeous. The first place we went was Astoria, this is where the Goonies was filmed so it was pretty cool.
In Astoria, pretty sure this bridge is in the movie.

 After that we headed to a beach and had a BBQ and hung out. it was so peaceful. It was chilly but it didn't rain thank goodness, I love the beach it is one of my most favorite places in the world. Then on the drive back we stopped at another beach that was amazing and had those huge rocks. 
Hanging out at Seaside Beach

Ezra LOVED the sand and the beach


Canon Beach

    My last day there we hung out and saw a few more places. We went and rode on the Arial tram and saw some amazing views. and we also went to the famous Voodoo doughnuts... I didn't get the bacon maple bar, but I did have a bite of Levi's. 
The view from the Arial tram

Voodoo doughnuts

    That's the short version of the trip, I wish I could write about every funny thing I saw and all the experiences I had, but that would take forever! I loved spending time with my family though. Levi and Christine were so dang nice to me and Ezra is so cute and so much fun! He laughs ALL the time, most of the time at absolutely nothing. And the best part about being an aunt and having good timing was Ezra started walking when I was there! It was so cute and now he is walking all around! I'm one lucky auntie that's for sure! 


3 comments:

  1. Some day I'll go to the beach. You are very lucky and blessed. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're ever in Santa Monica, CA on a Friday or Saturday night you MUST go to 3rd street promenade. It probably resembles that market in Portland. Its where you see the craziest, weirdest people ever! It's better at night because more weirdos come out. My favorite was a van of weird religious people in robes driving around with a loud speaker reciting scriptures and what not. That was great fun! People watching is grand :) Love the pics though! I've always wanted to visit Oregon. I've heard its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky! I have always wanted to try Voodoo donuts, looks like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete