Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Graduation

It finally arrived! I really can't believe that school is over for me... well basically over, I'm doing the online bachelor's program that is 2 semesters and a senior project, but i'm done with the stress of hygiene school! Don't get me wrong, there we some great times, mostly because of the great friends I made while in the program and getting through the stress with them. I really am going to miss the girls!











For graduation we had a pinning ceremony with our program where we are pinned a registered dental hygienist and welcomed into the professional field. It was so nice and our class has huge support from families and friends and it was great to hear from some of our instructors that have taught us so much. Then the next day was graduation with the college. It was pretty cool because the commencement ceremony with the entire college featured Pres. Monson as the speaker. He is so amazing and basically his talk can be summed up like this: Have a good attitude, do service, and have integrity. I believe this can be applied to every single person no matter where there are in their lives. His talked was ended in the name of Jesus Christ Amen and then the entire arena erupted into a standing ovation! it was sweet because sometimes thats what you want to do after an amazing talk or performance in church and we actually got to do it and it was totally appropriate. Anyway that sums up the exciting parts about graduation. and now for me it's off to job hunting since I received my degree. And since Race received his associates degree it was an easy transfer to the U and now he can continue on with his education and somehow survive this next fall semester of 18 very hard credits. And just a side note we have a picture of us together on high school graduation day as best friends and now here's the pic of college graduation as husband and wife :) 
Race and me all graduated in My Photos by
Best Friends High School Graduation 2007



Husband & Wife Dixie College Graduation 2011

4 comments:

  1. That is so cute that you have pictures for both! Aww. You guys are adorable. And congratulations on graduating and passing all those hard tests! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are so cute! Sometimes I wish I knew Scott in high school then I hear the stories from him and Steve, and Chad and I think...hmmmm... maybe it was better I met him when I did :)
    Congrats to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling! I absolutely love it! Best friends FOREVER:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nicole do you have a blog? And thanks everyone.

    ReplyDelete