Sunday, September 23, 2012

Catch up Summer 2012

     It's been awhile since I've really blogged. So I'm playing catch up with a lot of picture collages. Basically our summer consisted of me working and Race doing an internship at Energy Solutions out on the west desert in the chemistry lab. We did manage to have some fun though. We took a weekend trip to California and spent the day at Knott's Berry Farm and spent time with friends Race made when he trained in 29palms. Sadly I did not get any pictures of this trip. :( Ting and Yuxin were both baptized this summer. It was a very awesome experience and they are amazing girls and a huge addition to the church. I love my Chinese siblings! We celebrated our 2nd anniversary. Race surprised me and took me to the Foster the People concert. It was so much fun! We didn't any pictures of our anniversary. Race was at training on our actual anniversary but we still celebrated. And for our present we got a window AC for our room cause it was so hot this summer and our place doesn't have AC, I know it's such a romantic gift ;) Other then that I'll tell our summer through these pictures...

I GRADUATED! I spent all my down time this summer finishing up my Bachelor's degree. I spent 100+ hours on my Capstone project, I made an information booklet and a brochure on Oral health through the college years. The brochure is being handed out at Dixie College Health fairs and the booklet is in the dental hygiene clinic for people to read. It took a lot of work but with the help of my dad and Race it got done. I'm pretty proud of it! So after an extra year of classes and my capstone project I have a Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene! I took the teaching track so now I can teach dental hygiene if I want. I really just wanted a Bachelor's degree and now I do! I also graduated with a 3. 63. I always had a goal to graduate college with at least a 3.5 and I did it! Okay I'm done bragging on myself, I feel weird doing it but it was earned ;) 

Christine and Levi welcomed Tanner Carl Roberts into there family, so we celebrated with a baby shower for them. It was alot of fun! Christine, Ezra and Tanner moved in with my parents for a little while before they moved to St. George with Levi. It was so much fun to have them around and see them all the time. I miss them! I wish all of our family was close to us.

My mom made the cute fruit baby stroller and I made the motorcycle diaper cake.
Thanks to  pinterest for the ideas!

Nephews!
We had a fun summer chillin with Ezra, Tanner and Max! Wish all the nieces and nephews were close to us!  



The majority of the fun things we did took place right in Salt Lake. We loved going to the Twilight concert series at pioneer park. Going on runs, and taking the dogs on walks around the city and memory grove, going out to eat and do doing things with our friends, and playing around at the State fair. We also got to go to the Brigham City Temple open house which was gorgeous!

Another sprint triathlon! My dad and I completed the Varsity Scouts Triathlon at Desert Peak for the second year. It was a lot of fun! I like doing tri's! 

I completed 50 miles on my bike in the Little Red Riding Hood bike ride in Logan. It was so pretty and a lot of fun! My mom did 100 miles! She's awesome! 
My lifetime best friend Carly had an adorable baby girl Brinlee! I made her the diaper cake, I've enjoyed spending time with them and watching Carly become an incredible mommy! 

Sad news... Due to circumstances out of our control we had to say goodbye to Dozer... We loved him so much and have so many awesome and funny memories with him in the short time we had him. He was a great first dog for us and we miss him so much! :(


So that sums up our summer!  I love summer time, but the heat this year was so hard to deal with! We would go on runs at 10 pm and it would still be hot! I'm excited for the fall weather and all the beauty it brings! Race is excited for snow... Now Race is back in school and studying ALL the time and I'm working and trying to find hobbies to keep myself busy. I love life and am grateful for everything we have!

No comments:

Post a Comment